News and Announcements
Reno Orthopaedi Clinic will be offering Physicals on July 22 and 23 from 5:00pm until 6:30pm.
July 22 – South Clinic
July 23 – Main clinic
$30 Cash or Check required.
Portion of the cost goes back to your SYFL team.
Please see the flyer in the documents section for locations and other details.
Football Equipment Pick Up Dates/Times have been posted on the calendar.
Please look for your Camp’s equipment pick up. You must pick up equipment during your designated date and time.
Each player needs to have $25 deposit in order to pick up their equipment.
You must bring your player in order to pick up the equipment. Each player is required to be sized correctly for safety purposes.
If you have any questions, please email:
Tuesday June 11 @ 5:30pm at the league office.
Tuesday June 18 @ 5:30pm at the league office.
Tuesday June 25 @ 5:30pm at the League Office.
Each team must have at least one coach or team manger attend one of the finance meetings this year. Should you have any questions please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT LEAGUE/SEASON DETAILS:
1. Every athlete needs a physical before practices begin. You can find the form under the “documents” link in the “2013 Registration” folder. Any health care provider can complete the form (physician, clinic, chiropractor, etc.). Physicals are to be turned in to head coaches. No football player or cheerleader may begin practicing until they have a physical clearing them on file with the head coach.
2. If you are on our payment plan, you MUST have FULL PAYMENT, in by May 15th. Late fees apply to all registrations after June 2nd, including those who have not paid in full by May 15th. For registration payment issues, contact email@example.com
3. Equipment for football players will be handed out in mid-July. Watch the website for schedules. There is a $25 equipment deposit fee due at the time equipment is picked up, which must be paid by cash, check, or money order (no waivers available).
4. Once open registration has ended and rosters have been certified, you will hear from your coach, likely late June/early July. Other information will be available on the main website, and may also be available on individual camp or team websites accessed through the main website.
5. Practices will start the week of July 29th. Coaches determine exact practice days and times. Weekend practices are prohibited. You should hear from your coach by early July, and if you haven’t, you should contact either the football director (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the cheer director (email@example.com).
6. The annual SYFL Experience will be in Carson City, Nevada, August 10. This is a fun-filled day of league-wide scrimmages that include our friends from outlying areas. Football players are weighed in this day. This is a MANDATORY event.
7. Games will begin August 24th and proceed weekly thereafter through October 19th which is the last game of the regular season. Play-offs commence October 26th and continue through November 9th when the Championship games will be played. Our league offers opportunities to compete with outlying areas, which requires some travel (including cheer).
8. It takes a great deal of time to compile the game schedule, which cannot even be started until team rosters are certified and high school fields are made available. The schedule will be posted on the website once it has been completed, which will not likely be until mid-August. Please be patient.
9. The football cheerleader’s local competition details TBA. Cheerleader participation is mandatory for this event.
10. The SYFL adheres to a “no pass, no play” rule. Grades will be checked TWICE during the season (week 4, and just before playoffs for football/competition for cheer).
11. A “Winter Classic” All-Star game is anticipated to take place on December 7th.
Final registration date for the upcoming 2013 Season is June 1, 2013.
SYFL Office, 5401A Longley Lane, #19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
PARKING WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED IN THE PARKING LOTS ALONG LONGLEY. DO NOT BLOCK ACCESS TO THE OTHER NEARBY BUSINESSES.
Financial assistance and payment plans are no longer available.